We started by looking for a needle in a haystack – the cause of the exclusion. Adrac’s SEO team sifted through more than 23,447 links to identify the tipping point. We used manual processing and our own technology to analyse each one and then categorise all links back to the client website. We used three categories; clean (the good), potentially toxic (the bad) and toxic (the ugly).
Every toxic link needed to be removed in order to get the penalty lifted and cashflow flowing again. We contacted each web site hosting a toxic link individually and requested that all links to our client’s website be removed.
We then further analysed the links classed as being potentially toxic to clarify their status. At each stage, a submission was made to Google for reconsideration. The strategy was then further refined and repeated.
With the client’s company slipping further into the danger zone every day, we worked fast to neutralise toxic links and demonstrate progress to Google. In 39 days we had secured a 5% increase in page one listings. At this point the client’s sales lines started to ring again and turnover picked up.
We continue to work with this client. So far we have recorded a 69% increase in visibility – higher than before the exclusion penalty was issued.